Mexican Hot Chocolate
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Mexican chocolate is rich and flavorful, and it's easy to have those same flavors in our own homemade hot chocolate. When we combine plain cocoa with these spices?, boy is it warm and inviting!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 cups cold water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 6 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
What to Do
- In a large saucepan, combine the water, sugar, cocoa, flour, cinnamon, and cloves. Heat over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the sugar and cocoa are dissolved and the mixture is thoroughly combined.
- Add the milk and heat, but do not allow to boil. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla; serve immediately.
For extra creaminess, top each mug with whipped cream. Oh, yes - don't forget to dust each serving with a bit of cocoa and maybe even some slivered almonds.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We've got a great new grilled chicken recipe that pairs the tropical flavors of mango and lime for a great summertime meal. Just let the chicken sit in the marinade overnight, then whip it up at your backyard bash, and everyone will think they've gone on vacation!