How to Dye Easter Eggs
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Will you be dying Easter eggs this holiday? While there are a ton of prepackaged Easter egg kits that include everything you need for decorating Easter eggs, it's easy to do without one too! All you need are some eggs, water, and a few bottles of food coloring. With these simple ingredients and in less than 10 minutes you can have perfectly dyed eggs ready to go in your Easter basket. And if you like adding a little more personality to your Easter eggs, check out our other tips and tricks for Easter egg decorating.
Check out our video and tips on how to dye Easter eggs. Once you see how easy it is, you might love decorating Easter eggs so much, they'll call you the Easter bunny!
- Hard boil your eggs, but don't peel 'em!
- Add a cup of boiling water and a few drops of food coloring* to a bowl. Use one bowl for each color.
Vibrant colors - Add one tablespoon of vinegar
Pastel colors - Add one tablespoon of lemon juice
- Place your eggs in the water, covering completely if you want the whole egg to be covered. You can also dip half in one color and the other half in another color!
- Eggs will start to change color within 1-2 minutes. Keep your egg in the colored water until they've reached the desired color.
- Brush 'em with a little vegetable oil to make 'em shiny, and you're all done! Remember to treat your dyed Easter eggs the way you would treat any hard-boiled egg.
If you'd rather not use food coloring, try coloring your eggs with a natural dye. Just boil the water along with the natural dye material (beets, blueberries, turmeric) until you've got the color you want. Then, add about a tablespoon of vinegar and follow as above. Note: Naturally dyed eggs will have to soak for much longer (possibly overnight) to achieve the desired color.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Bake up a tried-and-true favorite with our recipe for Homestyle Buttermilk Cake. This cake will remind you of all the times grandma would call you to the table and have a large slice and a glass of milk waiting for you. It's such a classic!
How To Make Glaze
How to Make Hard-Boiled Eggs
How to Make Frosting
How to Cook a Burger: Tips & Tricks for Flavorful, Juicy Burgers Every Time
How to Season a Cast Iron Skillet Plus Cleaning Tips
How to Keep Apples from Turning Brown and Apple Storage Tips
How to Frost a Cake
How To: Bread Chicken Cutlets
How to Cut Up a Whole Chicken
How to Dice an Onion