How to Cut a Mango
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
From salads to salsa and everything in between, mangoes make the perfect tropical addition to any recipe. Whether you use it to change up your recipe routine or you prefer to eat this tasty fruit by itself, our video and tips on how to cut a mango will help you get the most out of your mangoes. From slicing to peeling, we've got all the tips and tricks that you need to add the sweet and juicy flavors of mango into your favorite recipes.
How to Cut a Mango
- First, turn the mango so it’s on its side lengthwise. Cut along the side of the mango, about 1/3 in on each side. The pit will be in the remaining center part of the mango; set aside.
- Option 1 (How to Cut a Mango): With a paring knife, make slits in a grid pattern into each half. Flip the halves over and remove the diced mango pieces.
- Option 2 (How to Peel and Slice a Mango with a Knife): Run a spoon around the edge of the mango using medium pressure. Remove the mango half and slice with a paring knife as desired.
- Option 3 (How to Peel a Mango with a Glass) : Using a drinking glass, hold half of the mango with the flesh against the lip of the cup. Gently slide the fruit down the side of the glass for easy removal.
- With the remaining pit, run a knife around the outside of the piece and trim off the mango skin.
Now that you know how to cut a mango like a pro, here are some great recipes that you can practice your skills with:
Our Feel-Good Smoothie Bowl features the perfect blend of fresh-from-the-freezer fruit, almond milk and honey. It's a healthier way to start your day, since each bowl is loaded with vitamins and nutrients.
Get the party started with these babies because these Frozen Mango Daiquiris are a HIT! We like to call these sweet and sassy, and with one taste, we know you'll agree!
Our Tropical Fruit Dump Cake is chock-full of tropical ingredients. This dump cake recipe is so good and so easy, you'll find yourself serving it all year long.
Bring a little of the islands into your home with our tropical Mango Tango Fish Fillets. 20 minutes is all you need to get this tasty dish on the table tonight!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Ready to change up your sides? Our Vegetable Couscous recipe is a Moroccan-favorite and it's so versatile, it'll never get old! Not only can you switch it up with your favorite veggies, but you can eat it hot, or cold! Now that's definitely a side dish to put on the menu!
- How To: Bread Chicken Cutlets
- How To Make Glaze
- How to Peel an Egg
- How to Decorate Pie Crusts
- How to Carve a Turkey
- How To Make Colored Sugar
- How To: Cook Bacon in the Microwave
- How to Cook a Burger: Tips & Tricks for Flavorful, Juicy Burgers Every Time
- How To Peel an Apple
- How to Keep Apples from Turning Brown and Apple Storage Tips