How to Make Hard-Boiled Eggs
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Hard boiling an egg can be, well, hard. While some people wonder how to hard boil the perfect egg, others strach their heads when it comes to finding an easy way to peel eggs. So we're gonna make it easy and show you how to make hard boiled eggs without a second thought. You won't find any green yolks or rubbery whites when you make hard boiled eggs with these tips. Instead you'll learn to easily peel an egg and uncover a perfectly cooked and creamy yolk with a tender egg white.
What You'll Need:
- saucepan with lid
- eggs (preferably not fresh)
- cold water
What To Do:
- Place a single layer of eggs in a saucepan and cover them with about an inch of cold water; bring to a boil.
- Once they come to a boil, remove saucepan from heat, cover it, and let it sit about 12 minutes for large eggs.
- Run them under cold water to cool them; continue to cool them further with some ice.
- Gently tap each egg until the shell is finely cracked, then peel under running water.
Check out this step-by-step guide and our page on how to peel a hard boiled egg!
Here are some tips:
- Adjust your cooking time according to the size of your eggs.
- Hard boiled eggs in the shell can be refrigerated for up to one week. Hard boiled eggs out of the shell should be used immediately.
- Prepare a dozen hard boiled eggs on Sunday so you’ll have an all-natural, high-quality protein option on hand for your family during the busy week ahead, either for an on-the-go breakfast, lunch, or after-school snack.
Did you know?
- Eggs are all-natural and have high-quality protein and 13 essential vitamins and minerals in varying amounts, all for just 70 calories.
- Eggs are affordable, quick and versatile, and research shows that eating high-quality protein foods for breakfast, like eggs, can help you and your family feel more satisfied and energized throughout the day.
- At an average cost of 15 cents apiece, eggs offer a great bang for your buck, providing one of the most affordable sources of high-quality protein per serving.
Want delicious recipes to make with your hard-boiled eggs? Check out our favorites here!
Plus, we've got another handy egg trick! Check out how to separate egg whites.
|Once you know how to hard boil eggs for the holidays, make sure you check out some of our other favorite Easter recipes in our free eCookbook, The Everything Easter eCookbook: 34 Effortless Recipes for Easter Brunch, Dinner & More.|
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The Ultimate Hero Burger is going to be your new favorite ground beef recipe, and we know it will be a hit this Memorial Day Weekend! This take on this classic burger recipe is our juciest and most flavorful yet. Friends and family will be crowding around the grill, clamoring for their burger patty!