How to Mince Garlic
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Whether you're whipping up an Italian classic for dinner or you're looking to add a little extra flavor to any recipe, it's important to know how to mince garlic. Minced garlic is a common ingredient in many tasty dinner recipes, and, while it may be available jarred and ready-to-use, we find that nothing compares to the taste of fresh garlic. That's why we decided to come up with this step-by-step guide on how to mince garlic! In this video, Howard will you show three different methods for mincing garlic, including tips on peeling the clove.
How to Mince Garlic
- First, separate the clove from the garlic bulb. Then, place the clove on its side and, using a knife, trim off the ends. To peel off the skin, you'll need to place the flat side of the knife over the clove and push down firmly.
- Option 1 (Mince Garlic with a Fork): Using a fork, press the tines down on the garlic clove. Repeat in the opposite direction. You can continue doing as necessary.
- Option 2 (Mince Garlic with a Knife): Using a knife, chop the clove of garlic into thin strips, in one direction. Rotate the slices of garlic and chop in the opposite direction. You can continue doing this as necessary.
- Option 3 ("Mince" Garlic with a Garlic Press): While there is some debate about whether a garlic press truly minces garlic, it's still a common and easy method for many home cooks. To mince garlic this way, just open and place the peeled piece of garlic into the garlic press chamber. Then, close and squeeze until the garlic comes out (we suggest doing this over a cutting board or bowl).
Now that you know how to mince garlic like a pro, here are some great recipes that you can practice your skills on:
Fill your house with the rich aroma of roasted garlic and fresh rosemary with our slow cooker recipe for Roasted Garlic Chicken. This dish is from our "Cook it Slow, Cook it Fast" cookbook and is just one example of how making dinner in your slow cooker can be so rewarding.
You're going to want to ask for a drum roll before setting these tasty honey garlic chicken drumsticks out on the table, 'cause this recipe is kickin' with rich flavors! Our tasty Honey Garlic Drumsticks are a little sweet, a little sticky, and a whole lot of "Can I have another, please?"
Plump shrimp, flavorful and healthy garlic, and baby spinach are the key ingredients in our quick-to-fix Garlic Shrimp and Spinach skillet meal. Whether for company or a quick weeknight dinner, it will bring you tasty rewards.
What makes this sizzling T-bone steak so flavorful? The fresh garlic! Anytime we have a hankering for steak and can't grill outside, this one, packing both a filet and a strip steak, cooks up to a "T" on our stovetop!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- How to Season a Cast Iron Skillet Plus Cleaning Tips
- How to Make Hard-Boiled Eggs
- How To Make Glaze
- How To: Cook Bacon in the Microwave
- How to Make Caramel Sauce
- How to Core an Apple
- How To Peel an Apple
- How to Prepare a Turkey
- How to Keep Apples from Turning Brown and Apple Storage Tips
- How to Roast Pumpkin Seeds