The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
How to Slice an Onion
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
Whether you're making an onion pie or you're just using sauteing onions to go over your steak dinner, you're going to need to know how to cut an onion into slices at some point. Good thing you've found us! We're showing you an easy way to slice an onion into perfect half-moon wedges, so you can cook up all the tasty onion recipes you like without having any trouble. The only question you might have is, "Which onion recipe should I practice my skills on first?"
If you don’t know how to cut an onion, the good news is…it’s easy! Check out the video of Howard as he shows you how easy it is slice an onion! Then, check out our page on how to dice an onion!
- Cut your peeled onion in half and keep the flat side down.
- Keeping the tip down, cut into the onion making pie-like wedges.
- Rotate the onion to cut the remaining half.
Aug 19, 2016
Something so basic that I didn't know. It really makes slicing an onion a lot easier and uniform. I saw another way once where you cut off the ends first but I like this slicing like a pie better. Now I have to watch how to dice an onion.
- WAS THIS HELPFUL? YesNo
- REPORT ABUSE
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Tropical Pulled Pork Sliders
Our Tropical Pulled Pork Sliders are one of the best pressure cooker recipes you'll ever taste! The pork shoulder cooks up in a third of the time!
- How to Make Hard-Boiled Eggs
- How To Make Glaze
- How to Cook a Burger: Tips & Tricks for Flavorful, Juicy Burgers Every Time
- How to Peel an Egg
- How To: Bread Chicken Pieces
- How To: Bread Chicken Cutlets
- How to Keep Apples from Turning Brown and Apple Storage Tips
- How To Peel an Apple
- How to Make Fudge the Easy Way
- How to Make Spaghetti Squash