How to Doctor Up Store-Bought Stuffing
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Who says packaged stuffing can't be delicious? Get the same great taste and flavor of homemade stuffing with the shortcut benefit of using a store-bought stuffing by adding one of these easy options below. Or, add one of these special touches to your own favorite homemade stuffing recipe for an even tastier version.
Dress up your store-bought packaged stuffing with one of these additions:
- 1 pound sliced mushrooms sauteed with salt, pepper, and minced garlic
- 1/2 cup each dried cranberries and coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 cup each chopped carrots, chopped celery, and chopped onions sauteed in olive oil until tender
- 1 pound spicy Italian sausage, casing removed and browned (turkey sausage is a lighter option)
- 3 fresh pears or apples (tart), skinned, cored, and chunked
- 1 cup raisins, also replacing the liquid the recipe calls for with apple juice
Use more or less based on your personal taste and how large of a batch you make. The amounts above are for a recipe that will feed 6-8 people.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This Easter Egg Bread recipe is sure to become an Easter tradition for years to come! This eye-catching Easter bread recipe is a pull-apart sweet bread that has colorful Easter eggs baked right in. It's such a sweet and colorful dessert, no one will be able to resist pulling off a piece of this Easter bread recipe. Kids and adults alike will love tearing off a piece and enjoying this sweet, festive sweet bread recipe.
- How to Make Candy: 12 Easy Chocolate Candy Recipes
- Sizing Up a Serving and a Portion
- How to Freeze a Casserole
- Cake Baking Secrets: Tips & Tricks for Baking Flawless Cakes
- 20 Tips for Baking Perfect Cookies
- Table Setting 101
- Decorating Easter Eggs
- How to Make a Gingerbread House
- Types of Onions and How to Choose the Right Onion
- Smart Tips for the Fish Counter