How to Doctor Up Store-Bought Stuffing
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Who says packaged stuffing can't be delicious? Get the same great taste and flavor of homemade stuffing with the shortcut benefit of using a store-bought stuffing by adding one of these easy options below. Or, add one of these special touches to your own favorite homemade stuffing recipe for an even tastier version.
Dress up your store-bought packaged stuffing with one of these additions:
- 1 pound sliced mushrooms sauteed with salt, pepper, and minced garlic
- 1/2 cup each dried cranberries and coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 cup each chopped carrots, chopped celery, and chopped onions sauteed in olive oil until tender
- 1 pound spicy Italian sausage, casing removed and browned (turkey sausage is a lighter option)
- 3 fresh pears or apples (tart), skinned, cored, and chunked
- 1 cup raisins, also replacing the liquid the recipe calls for with apple juice
Use more or less based on your personal taste and how large of a batch you make. The amounts above are for a recipe that will feed 6-8 people.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Add a little spice to your life with our recipe for Sriracha Short Ribs! These short ribs are cooked till they're fall-apart tender and then slathered with a delicious sauce made from Sriracha sauce, honey, and lime juice. The results are absolutely mouthwatering!
- How to Make Candy: 12 Easy Chocolate Candy Recipes
- Table Setting 101
- How to Use Your Slow Cooker: Tips & Tricks for Your Best Meals Yet
- How to Make Candied Pecans
- Leftover Storage Tips
- How to Freeze a Casserole
- Types of Onions and How to Choose the Right Onion
- Watermelon Keg
- How to Make Perfect Mashed Potatoes
- Easy Recipes for College Students