How to Doctor Up Store-Bought Stuffing
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Who says packaged stuffing can't be delicious? Get the same great taste and flavor of homemade stuffing with the shortcut benefit of using a store-bought stuffing by adding one of these easy options below. Or, add one of these special touches to your own favorite homemade stuffing recipe for an even tastier version.
Dress up your store-bought packaged stuffing with one of these additions:
- 1 pound sliced mushrooms sauteed with salt, pepper, and minced garlic
- 1/2 cup each dried cranberries and coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 cup each chopped carrots, chopped celery, and chopped onions sauteed in olive oil until tender
- 1 pound spicy Italian sausage, casing removed and browned (turkey sausage is a lighter option)
- 3 fresh pears or apples (tart), skinned, cored, and chunked
- 1 cup raisins, also replacing the liquid the recipe calls for with apple juice
Use more or less based on your personal taste and how large of a batch you make. The amounts above are for a recipe that will feed 6-8 people.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Table Setting 101
- How to Make Candy: 12 Easy Chocolate Candy Recipes
- How to Freeze a Casserole
- Cake Baking Secrets: Tips & Tricks for Baking Flawless Cakes
- How to Fix Thanksgiving Dinner Mistakes
- Watermelon Centerpieces That Wow: How to Make a Watermelon Basket
- 20 Tips for Baking Perfect Cookies
- How to Plan a Perfect Buffet
- Types of Onions and How to Choose the Right Onion
- Make Ahead Casserole Tips