Watermelon: Enjoy It All Year Long - 30 Easy Watermelon Recipes from Mr. Food Free eCookbook
How to Check for Baking Powder and Baking Soda Freshness
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We're sharing tips for anyone with the baking bug to check the freshness of both baking powder and baking soda.
What to Do
To test for baking powder freshness:
Place 1 tablespoon water in a bowl and add 1/4 teaspoon baking powder. If it bubbles and fizzes, it's still fresh.
To test for baking soda freshness:
Place 1/4 teaspoon baking soda in a bowl with 1 tablespoon white vinegar. If it bubbles and fizzes, it's still fresh.
Try our recipe for homestyle Baking Powder Biscuits that'll melt in your mouth!
- How to Make Candy: 12 Easy Chocolate Candy Recipes
- Easy Recipes for College Students
- Sizing Up a Serving and a Portion
- Types of Corn and How to Choose Corn
- Table Setting 101
- 20 Tips for Baking Perfect Cookies
- How to Use Your Slow Cooker: Tips & Tricks for Your Best Meals Yet
- Types of Knives
- Make Ahead Casserole Tips
- How to Build the Perfect Cheese Board