Watermelon: Enjoy It All Year Long - 30 Easy Watermelon Recipes from Mr. Food Free eCookbook
How to Check for Baking Powder and Baking Soda Freshness
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We're sharing tips for anyone with the baking bug to check the freshness of both baking powder and baking soda.
What to Do
To test for baking powder freshness:
Place 1 tablespoon water in a bowl and add 1/4 teaspoon baking powder. If it bubbles and fizzes, it's still fresh.
To test for baking soda freshness:
Place 1/4 teaspoon baking soda in a bowl with 1 tablespoon white vinegar. If it bubbles and fizzes, it's still fresh.
Try our recipe for homestyle Baking Powder Biscuits that'll melt in your mouth!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Flank Steak Pinwheels are a mouthwatering, savory meal you can use for so many occasions! It's perfect for a romantic candlelit dinner on date night, or as a Sunday supper after church! Not only does it taste amazing, but it looks like it came straight from the restaurant!
- How to Make Candy: 12 Easy Chocolate Candy Recipes
- Cake Baking Secrets: Tips & Tricks for Baking Flawless Cakes
- 20 Tips for Baking Perfect Cookies
- Types of Corn and How to Choose Corn
- How to Freeze a Casserole
- Table Setting 101
- Types of Onions and How to Choose the Right Onion
- Sizing Up a Serving and a Portion
- Onion Recipes, Tips, Tricks, and How-To's
- How to Make a Gingerbread House