The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
Watermelon: Enjoy It All Year Long - 30 Easy Watermelon Recipes from Mr. Food Free eCookbook
Trade Proof School Lunch Tips
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
Relax...with these helpful tips from Mr. Food, it's guaranteed that your kids will eat the healthy food you send to school in their lunch boxes. You can be sure they'll never trade their school lunch again.
What to Do
- Include the kids in planning the shopping list for their lunch. Don’t let them make decisions that sacrifice their nutrition – but do offer them options. Ask them which fruit they’d like to have for lunch and if they'd like baked chips or pretzels, lean turkey or chicken, etc. They get to choose, and parents still have control over the choices.
- Keep a load of fun-shaped cookie cutters on hand to cut out sandwiches, cheese slices and, yes, even cookies. These come in handy for fun-shaped breakfast pancakes, too.
- Let the kids help prepare and assemble their lunch, or cook or bake any items that can be included in their lunch.
- Pair assorted dips with a variety of finger foods such as cut-up fruits and vegetables; rolled deli meats and cheese; or string cheese, cookies and crackers.
- Variety is essential. Vary the bread types for sandwiches beyond white bread. Suggestions include: wheat, whole grain, rye, pumpernickel, crackers, cracker breads, English muffins, bagels, pita bread or tortilla wraps in lots of different flavors.
Oct 24, 2011
This is a good tip for everyone!Have you ever heard about ...The United States Department of Agriculture has been making an effort to make school lunches healthier. The restrictions on school meals would have involved a tremendous restriction on the amount of potatoes that could be served. The U.S. Senate, however, has been obstructed by the U.S. Senate. Article resource: Potatoes will stay in schools, for now.Maybe moms out there could prepare lunch such like this.
- WAS THIS HELPFUL? YesNo
- REPORT ABUSE
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- How to Make Candy: 12 Easy Chocolate Candy Recipes
- How to Bake a Perfect Cheesecake
- Make Ahead Casserole Tips
- Table Setting 101
- Easy Recipes for College Students
- Decorating Easter Eggs
- Watermelon Centerpieces That Wow: How to Make a Watermelon Basket
- How to Make a Puff Pastry Braid
- How to Doctor Up Store-Bought Stuffing
- How to Bake Lighter: Healthy Baking Tips & More