Watermelon: Enjoy It All Year Long - 30 Easy Watermelon Recipes from Mr. Food Free eCookbook
Trade Proof School Lunch Tips
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Relax...with these helpful tips from Mr. Food, it's guaranteed that your kids will eat the healthy food you send to school in their lunch boxes. You can be sure they'll never trade their school lunch again.
What to Do
- Include the kids in planning the shopping list for their lunch. Don’t let them make decisions that sacrifice their nutrition – but do offer them options. Ask them which fruit they’d like to have for lunch and if they'd like baked chips or pretzels, lean turkey or chicken, etc. They get to choose, and parents still have control over the choices.
- Keep a load of fun-shaped cookie cutters on hand to cut out sandwiches, cheese slices and, yes, even cookies. These come in handy for fun-shaped breakfast pancakes, too.
- Let the kids help prepare and assemble their lunch, or cook or bake any items that can be included in their lunch.
- Pair assorted dips with a variety of finger foods such as cut-up fruits and vegetables; rolled deli meats and cheese; or string cheese, cookies and crackers.
- Variety is essential. Vary the bread types for sandwiches beyond white bread. Suggestions include: wheat, whole grain, rye, pumpernickel, crackers, cracker breads, English muffins, bagels, pita bread or tortilla wraps in lots of different flavors.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We combined two of our favorite takeout soups into one you can make right at home. Don't rely on the delivery guy to bring you hot soup. You've got everything you need to do it yourself! If you've been looking for an egg drop soup recipe to make right at home, then you've come to the right place. This egg drop soup recipe is so easy, we know you'll be making it all the time.
- Sizing Up a Serving and a Portion
- How to Make Candy: 12 Easy Chocolate Candy Recipes
- Types of Corn and How to Choose Corn
- Types of Knives
- 20 Tips for Baking Perfect Cookies
- How to Freeze a Casserole
- Make Ahead Casserole Tips
- How to Check for Baking Powder and Baking Soda Freshness
- How to Doctor Up Store-Bought Stuffing
- Time to Check Your Spice Rack