Complete Lamb Stew
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Isn't it great? A whole meal cooked in one pot! Complete Lamb Stew makes our lives so easy!
What You'll Need
- 3 to 3 ¼ pounds boneless lamb stew meat
- 2 cups coarsely chopped onion (3 to 4 medium-sized onions)
- 1 cup sliced carrot (1 to 2 carrots)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (9-ounce) package frozen green beans, thawed and drained
- 1 cup long- or whole-grain rice
What to Do
- In a soup pot, saute lamb over medium-high heat until brown.
- Add onions, carrots, garlic, tomatoes, broth, cinnamon, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 40 to 50 minutes.
- Add green beans and rice, and simmer 25 minutes, or until rice is tender.
- You could use any cut of boneless lamb; just cut it into 1-inch cubes and cook away!
- Dinner doesn't get much easier than one-pot meals! For a huge variety of tasty one-dish meals, check out 36 Quick and Easy One-Pot Meals!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
What could be better on a cold winter night than a skillet supper bursting with the hearty flavors of smoked sausage and cabbage? Nothing! And few can beat the ease of our Skillet Sausage 'n' Cabbage. This cabbage recipe is the perfect fill-you-up one-pot meal option for chilly autumn and winter evenings. Even the pickiest members of your family won't be able to resist this classic. The hearty combination of cabbage and sausage will keep you warm and satisfied, which is one of the reasons people love cabbage and sausage dinner recipes in the winter. Oh, it's so comforting!