The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
Must-Have Potluck Recipes: 37 Recipes for Parties, Potlucks, Dinner and More
Dressed Up Irish Stew
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr 20 Min
This is no old-fashioned Irish stew recipe! Our updated version is dressed up by using lamb chops instead of stew meat. It adds a little something extra and makes it the perfect dinner for your St. Paddy's Day celebration--or anytime you're in the mood for a flavorful Irish stew recipe!
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 pounds shoulder lamb chops (7 to 8 chops), each chop cut in half
- 5 to 6 carrots, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 2 onions, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 6 white potatoes, peeled and cut in half lengthwise
- 3 1/2 cups beef broth
- 2 to 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
What to Do
- In a heavy soup pot or Dutch oven, heat oil over high heat. Brown lamb chops on both sides, about 6 minutes, in batches if necessary.
- Place cooked chops back in pot, top with carrots and onions, and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and thyme. Arrange potatoes on top, cut-side down; pour beef broth over potatoes and bring to a boil over high heat. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 1 to 1-1/4 hours, or until meat is fork-tender.
- In a small bowl, mix flour and water. Remove potatoes to a platter, add flour mixture to pot, and cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until gravy is thickened. Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.
- Have you ever had Irish Coffee? Well, if not, let us enlighten you! It's the perfect way to warm right up, especially during the colder months!
- If you liked this traditional Irish recipe, be sure to check out our Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage! It's perfect anytime of the year!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Tropical Pulled Pork Sliders
Our Tropical Pulled Pork Sliders are one of the best pressure cooker recipes you'll ever taste! The pork shoulder cooks up in a third of the time!