Dressed Up Irish Stew
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This is no old-fashioned Irish stew! Our updated version is dressed up by using lamb chops instead of stew meat, and the result will have your gang doing an Irish jig!
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 pounds shoulder lamb chops (7 to 8 chops), each chop cut in half
- 5 to 6 carrots, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 2 onions, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 6 white potatoes, peeled and cut in half lengthwise
- 3 1/2 cups beef broth
- 2 to 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
What to Do
In a heavy soup pot or Dutch oven, heat oil over high heat. Brown lamb chops on both sides, about 6 minutes, in batches if necessary.
Place cooked chops back in pot, top with carrots and onions, and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and thyme. Arrange potatoes on top, cut-side down; pour beef broth over potatoes and bring to a boil over high heat. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 1 to 1-1/4 hours, or until meat is fork-tender.
- In a small bowl, mix flour and water. Remove potatoes to a platter, add flour mixture to pot, and cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until gravy is thickened. Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.
For the bonus Irish Coffee recipe, click here.
- If you liked this traditional Irish recipe, be sure to check out our Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're looking for family dinner recipes that will shake things up in the kitchen, our Country-Style Fish Grits is the perfect way to add some excitement to the menu! Everyone's mouth will water as they spoon up a hearty bowl of grits, topped with perfectly seasoned, flavor-packed fish!