Garlic Braised Lamb Shanks
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Let's look at an old favorite that has a lot of new about it...lamb shanks. Nobody knows if the recipe was originally Armenian, Italian or Greek. These taste so good, you'll see why everybody wants the credit.
What You'll Need
- 12 lamb shanks
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 to 6 garlic cloves, minced or teaspoon granulated garlic
- 3 cups chicken or beef broth or stock (or water, if desired)
- 1 cup finely chopped onions (optional)
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a shallow bowl, combine flour, thyme, paprika, salt, and rosemary. Dredge lamb shanks in seasoned flour.
- In a large skillet, heat oil; brown shanks. Place lamb shanks in a baking pan (or pans) in a single layer; sprinkle the remaining flour mixture and garlic on the shanks, add broth and onions, and braise for 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove from oven and cool; skim off the fat that has risen to the top. Cook for 2 hours more or until tender; serve.
If you'd like leaner shanks, after cooking, cool the shanks slightly, refrigerate them, and the next day, remove the solidified fat. Reheat the shanks for an hour, and then serve.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 906
- Calories from Fat 526
- Total Fat 58g 90 %
- Saturated Fat 22g 110 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 82g 165 %
- Cholesterol 285mg 95 %
- Sodium 850mg 35 %
- Total Carbohydrates 7.5g 3 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.7g 3 %
- Sugars 0.1g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Ultimate Coconut Cake is a show-stopping dessert that's perfect for Easter, or any other time you want to whip it up! You can change the toppings to whatever is fun and festive for the holiday, so you can make this moist cake for any occasion! And as good as it looks, we promise, it tastes even better!