Heavenly Lamb Stew
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You're probably thinking, "What a combination of ingredients!" But when simmered together, they're simply heavenly!
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 pounds boneless leg of lamb, cut into chunks
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (17-ounce) can apricot halves in heavy syrup, juice reserved
What to Do
In a soup pot over medium-high heat, heat oil; add lamb, salt, and pepper. Cook 7 to 10 minutes, or until lamb is browned, stirring occasionally.
Stir in remaining ingredients. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 40 to 45 minutes, or until lamb is fork-tender.
Like most stews or saucy dishes, we like to serve this over hot cooked rice, noodles, or potatoes so none of the heavenly sauce gets lost!
- Want even more tasty soups and stews? Check out our free eCookbook, Comfort Food for the Soul: 40 of Our Best Stews and Easy Soup Recipes!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.