Mint Roasted Leg of Lamb
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A traditional main course for Easter and springtime is leg of lamb. With it being so easy to roast, and often on sale, it's a company-fancy meal you'll all love!
What You'll Need
- 1 (7- to 9-pound) leg of lamb
- 12 garlic cloves
- 12 fresh mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a roasting pan with aluminum foil and coat the foil with cooking spray.
- Using a sharp paring knife, carefully pierce surface of lamb evenly 24 times, making each slit about 1-1/2 inches deep. Stuff garlic cloves in some slits and fresh mint leaves in others, making sure they're pushed all the way into meat. Rub lamb with salt and black pepper and place in roasting pan. Brush with melted butter.
- Roast 3 to 3-1/2 hours, or until a meat thermometer registers 160 degrees F. for medium, or until desired doneness beyond that, basting with pan juices every 30 minutes.
If there's any lamb left over, slice it up to make yummy gyro sandwiches.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Believe it or not, this Chinese Cabbage 'n' Chicken Salad is a favorite in the Mr. Food Test Kitchen. It's requested at least once a month and devoured within the lunch hour. Most of us agree that it's the homemade Asian-style dressing that really makes this recipe amazing, but we'll leave it up to you to be the judge!