Peppered Lamb Shanks
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Here's a main course that fits our budgets. Peppered Lamb Shanks have an old-fashioned tasted that won't break the bank. What a super weeknight or company fancy meal.
What You'll Need
- 6 lamb shanks
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup chicken or beef broth
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Sprinkle lamb shanks with salt and pepper; place in a large baking dish. Bake for 2 to 2-1/2 hours, until meat is tender, drain.
- In a large skillet, combine the broth, peppers, scallions, wine and garlic; cook just until peppers are tender.
- Add cornstarch mixture to the skillet and cook until liquid thickens. Pour pepper mixture over shanks in baking dish and bake for 10 minutes more to heat through.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This summer, how about using those ruby red tomatoes to bake up something a little unusual but a whole lot tasty? We call it Summer's Best Tomato Pie and it's so fresh and creamy, you're gonna have a hard time stopping at one slice. With tomatoes being such a great summer food buy, you may want to bake one for a friend, too!