The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
Must-Have Potluck Recipes: 37 Recipes for Parties, Potlucks, Dinner and More
Quick Lamb Bourguignon
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 25 Min
This Quick Lamb Bourguignon is know for its red wine bath which infuses it with incredible flavor. You'll be tempted to keep this dish all to yourself, but make sure to share with your gang!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound lean boneless leg of lamb
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup frozen pearl onions, thawed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup canned beef broth
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1/4 cup strongly brewed coffee (at room temperature)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
What to Do
- Trim fat from lamb. Place lamb between two sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap, and flatten to 1/2-inch thickness, using a meat mallet or rolling pin; cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Cook lamb in hot olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 6 minutes or until browned on all sides. Remove meat from skillet; set aside.
- Add onions to skillet; cook 2 minutes or until lightly browned and tender, stirring often. Add garlic, and cook 30 seconds, stirring often. Remove onion mixture from skillet, and set aside.
- Pour beef broth and wine into skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Combine coffee and remaining 4 ingredients, stirring until smooth; pour into skillet. Cook, stirring constantly, until sauce is thickened. Add lamb and onion mixture; simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
This recipe is from The Best of Mr. Food Cookbook Series Oxmoor House, Inc. If you would like more recipes like this, click here.