The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
Must-Have Potluck Recipes: 37 Recipes for Parties, Potlucks, Dinner and More
Roasted Leg of Lamb
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 2 Hr 30 Min
Gather your gang around this savory main dish. Nobody will be disappointed after some satisfying helpings of Roasted Leg of Lamb!
What You'll Need
- 1 (6- to 7-pound) leg of lamb
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups hickory wood chips, soaked in water and drained
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F. Place a roasting rack in a roasting pan and pour 1 cup water into the pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic powder, salt, and pepper; mix well and rub evenly over the lamb. Place the lamb in the pan, cover with aluminum foil, and roast for 1-1/2 hours. Uncover and roast for 30 more minutes.
- Preheat the grill to medium-low heat. If using a charcoal grill, place the wood chips on the hot charcoal. If using a gas grill, place the wood chips in a disposable aluminum pan directly on the heat surface (under the grill rack).
- Place the lamb on the grill rack. Cover and grill for 30 minutes, or until browned and a meat thermometer inserted in the center registers 160 degree F. for medium, or to desired doneness. Remove to a cutting board, slice, and serve.
Serving Tip: Serve as is or topped with mint pesto that you make by processing 2 cups mint leaves, 1 cup olive oil, 2 garlic cloves, 1/2 cup walnuts or pine nuts, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a blender or food processor until smooth.
For information about American Lamb, go to www.americanlambboard.org.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Lemon-Caper Fish Fillets
Did you know fish is the ultimate fast food? We're not talking about the stuff you get at a drive thru. These sunny-tasting fish fillets cooks up in just 8 minutes! You read that right. Our Lemon-Capers Fish Fillets combine lemon juice and the tangy flavor of capers to add just the right amount of "wow" to this easy dinner recipe!