We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you've never had a really good veggie burger, you're missing out! Not only are they good for you, they're really full-flavored, and just as filling as traditional ground-beef burgers!
What You'll Need
- 3/4 cup plain bread crumbs, divided
- 3 cups cooked brown rice (see Notes)
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and grated
- 1/2 small onion, grated
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons duck sauce
What to Do
- Coat a microwave-safe 9" x 13" baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Place 1/2 cup bread crumbs in a shallow dish; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the rice, carrot, onion, parsley, Parmesan cheese, garlic, soy sauce, eggs, thyme, and remaining 1/4 cup bread crumbs; mix well. Form the mixture into 6 equal-sized patties. Coat the atties with the reserved bread crumbs and place in the baking dish.
- Brush each patty with vegetable oil. Microwave at 80% power for 6 minutes, or until set and heated through. Top each burger with duck sauce and serve.
Instant brown rice is a great option for this. Just prepare it using the microwave directions on the package.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 248
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7g 10 %
- Saturated Fat 1.9g 9 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 9.0g 18 %
- Cholesterol 66mg 22 %
- Sodium 747mg 31 %
- Total Carbohydrates 38g 13 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.0g 12 %
- Sugars 3.6g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.