Microwave Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you thought the dynamic duo of peanut butter and jelly is just for sandwiches - think again! This lunchtime classic is now a fun dessert that can be ready in just 10 minutes!
What You'll Need
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup strawberry jelly, jam or preserves
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except the jelly. Beat with an electric beater on medium speed for 2 minutes, or until blended and crumbly; set aside 1 cup of the mixture.
- Spread the remaining mixture over the bottom of a microwave-safe 9" x 13" baking dish. Spread the jelly evenly over the top and crumble the reserved peanut butter mixture over the top.
- Microwave at 70% power for 6 minutes. Allow to cool then cut into bars.
You can use your microwave to melt peanut butter, which comes in handy when you're making recipes that call for peanut butter to be swirled through cakes and brownies, and also when you just want to make it easier to spread.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Flank Steak Pinwheels are a mouthwatering, savory meal you can use for so many occasions! It's perfect for a romantic candlelit dinner on date night, or as a Sunday supper after church! Not only does it taste amazing, but it looks like it came straight from the restaurant!