Microwave Roasted Acorn Squash
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 4 to 6
- CHILL TIME
- 3 Min
- COOK TIME
- 24 Min
Don't wait until the leaves start changing to enjoy this harvest-time treat! No matter what time of year it is, we can bring home the feel of autumn with this hearty side dish.
What You'll Need
- 2 medium acorn squash
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Pierce the squash a few times with a knife then place the whole squash in a microwave-safe 9 x 13 baking dish. Microwave at 80% power for 9 minutes.
- Remove the squash from the microwave and let cool for 2 to 3 minutes. Cut in half and remove the seeds; cut squash into 2-inch chunks.
- In a large bowl, combine the oil, salt, and pepper; mix well. Add the squash and toss until well coated then return the pieces to the baking dish.
- Microwave at 80% power for 15 minutes, or until fork-tender; serve immediately.
Serve this as is to enjoy the delicate, nutty flavor of the squash, or drizzle it with warm maple syrup or melted butter and a sprinkle of cinnamon-sugar just before serving.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Enjoy a healthier-for-you breakfast with our recipe for Loaded Egg Clouds (also known as "cloud eggs"). The "cloud" in the name refers to the fluffy egg whites that surround the yolk. Our recipe also features tasty sausage crumbles, scallions, and pimentos. Serve these egg clouds alongside some toast and fresh fruit and you've got yourself a champion-style breakfast or brunch!