Microwave Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Who says cake has to take a while to bake? The microwave turns out a quick and spectacular version of this traditional thermal oven recipe!
What You'll Need
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 (20-ounce) can pineapple rings, drained
- 7 to 10 maraschino cherries
- 1 (15.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
What to Do
- Sprinkle the brown sugar over the bottom of a microwave-safe 10-inch round cake pan or 9" x 13" baking dish; dot with butter. Microwave at 100% power for 1-1/2 minutes. Stir to distribute the mixture evenly over the bottom of the pan; top with pineapple rings arranged in a single layer then place a cherry in each ring.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, oil, and eggs. Beat until well mixed. Spoon the batter into the pan and microwave at 70% power for 14 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Let the cake stand for about 5 minutes. Loosen gently with a knife and invert onto a platter. Serve warm, or allow to cool completely before serving.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 326
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 14g 21 %
- Saturated Fat 4.0g 20 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 3.5g 7 %
- Cholesterol 57mg 19 %
- Sodium 292mg 12 %
- Total Carbohydrates 49g 16 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.1g 4 %
- Sugars 35g 0 %
- American Chicken Chow Mein
- Microwavable Old-Fashioned Baked Beans
- Microwave Chicken Parmesan Bake
- Microwavable Crustless Cheesecake Pie
- Pumpkin Pie in a Mug
- Microwavable Sweet-and-Sour Meatballs
- Southern Corn Pudding
- Microwave Cinnamon Apple Rings
- Microwave Chocolate Almond Truffles
- Grab-'n'-Go Egg Sandwich