Quick-as-a-Wink Pesto Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
With everyone's busy schedules, it's hard to come up with fabulous dinners night after night. But if you have ten minutes and a few ingredients, this pesto chicken is an elegant option sure to become a regular!
What You'll Need
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1 to 1/4 pounds total)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto sauce
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1 (2.25-ounce) can sliced black olives, drained (optional)
What to Do
- Place the chicken breast halves on a microwave-safe platter. Season with the salt and pepper then cover with a single layer of thick paper towels. Microwave at 90% power for 5 minutes.
- Uncover the chicken and top each piece with a dollop of pesto sauce and one slice of mozzarella cheese.
- Microwave at 90% power for 2 minutes, or until no pink remains in the chicken and the cheese is melted. Sprinkle with sliced olives, if desired, and serve immediately.
To really turn this into a show-shoppin' dinner, top each serving with a slice or two of plum tomato and a sprig of fresh basil.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 281
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16g 25 %
- Saturated Fat 5.5g 28 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 31g 61 %
- Cholesterol 98mg 33 %
- Sodium 600mg 25 %
- Total Carbohydrates 1.4g 0 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.2g 1 %
- Sugars 0.5g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Need a full-of-flavor pork tenderloin recipe that's also quick to get on the table? Well then, our Skillet Parmesan Pork is perfect for you! The whole family will love the seasoned-to-perfection taste, and you'll love that it comes together in about 10 minutes. Sound too good to be true? Well, go ahead and give yourself a pinch, cause not only is this real, but it's perfect to make any night of the week!
Pumpkin Pie in a Mug
Microwavable Old-Fashioned Baked Beans
Cheddar Carrot Pudding
American Chicken Chow Mein
Microwave Red Snapper with Lime Sauce
Microwave Homestyle Sloppy Joes
Microwave Artichoke Spinach Spread
Quick Barbecued Chicken
Microwavable Barbecued Turkey Drumsticks