Zippy Black Bean Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This soup's just the thing when you want to surprise 'em with something that'll make their taste buds go wild!
What You'll Need
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 (15-ounce) cans black beans, undrained
- 1 (14-ounce) can ready-to-use chicken broth
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
What to Do
- Place the onion in a large microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave at 100% power for 2 minutes, or until the onion is tender.
- In a blender, puree one can of black beans with its liquid until smooth. Add to the onions along with the remaining can of undrained beans. Add the chicken broth, salsa, and cumin; mix well.
- Cover and microwave at 100% power for 10 minutes, or until heated through and the beans are tender. Ladle into bowls and serve.
Add color and freshness by garnishing each serving with a dollop of sour cream and a wedge of lime.