Avocado Breakfast Boats
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Clear the deck sailors! Our recipe for Avocado Breakfast Boats is so good it'll blow your taste buds right out of the water! Just imagine: a fresh avocado and tomato salsa mixed together and served over fluffy, scrambled eggs right in the avocado "boats"...it's a breakfast delight!
What You'll Need
- 2 avocados, halved and pitted
- 2 ripe plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon finely diced jalapeno (optional)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 8 eggs
What to Do
- Using a spoon, scoop the avocado out of the skin in one piece, keeping the shell intact. Dice avocado and place in a large bowl. Toss with tomato, onion, cilantro, jalapeno, if desired, lime juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs with remaining salt and pepper.
- Coat a skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add eggs to skillet and scramble until set, stirring occasionally.
- Evenly divide scrambled eggs into avocado shells and top with avocado mixture. Serve immediately.
- Here are a couple of fabulous ways to enjoy avocados -- try our Powerhouse Avocado Smoothie and our Ciabatta Toast with Avocado Butter!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You can count on lots of crispy edges when you make our recipe for Sheet Pan Mac 'n' Cheese! If your regular macaroni and cheese recipe is getting too routine, then you'll love this unique way of making a classic, cheesy, favorite. This is one the whole family will cheer for!
- Fried Cornmeal Mush
- Best Breakfast Recipes for One: 12 Recipes for One Person
- Potato Tot Breakfast Bake
- 24 Incredible Mother's Day Brunch Ideas
- Easy Ham and Cheese Quiche
- Breakfast Pita Pockets
- All In One Breakfast
- Farmer's Breakfast Bake
- Recipes for Brunch: 8 Recipes for Your Breakfast Menu
- Shortcut Fruit "Crepes"