Banana Split Waffles
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Waffles furnish a crispy base for this breakfast-turned-dessert. Our Banana Split Waffles are a great way to start or end your day when you're feeling like something fun and sweet. This is a fantastically fruity twist on traditional banana split recipes and we're excited to share it with you! Feel free to substitute chopped maraschino cherries or sliced strawberries for the pineapple if you'd like, or just try all three. We did!
What You'll Need:
- 4 frozen waffles, toasted
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 ripe bananas, sliced
- 1 (8-ounce) can pineapple tidbits or crushed pineapple, drained
- Chocolate syrup or hot fudge topping for drizzling
- Whipped cream for garnish
- 4 maraschino cherries
What To Do:
- Place 1 toasted waffle on each of 4 dessert plates. Place a 1/2 cup of ice cream on each waffle.
- Top each serving with banana slices, pineapple, and chocolate syrup. Garnish with whipped cream and maraschino cherries. Serve immediately, and enjoy!
Check This Out!
- Here in the Mr. Food Test Kitchen, we're crazy about banana! If you feel the same, we recommend checking out some of our crazy-good banana recipes, like our "Banana Bread" Bread Pudding, or our delicious Diner-Style Banana Cream Pie!
- Editor's Pick: This Chocolate-Topped Banana Cake was voted, hands down, our best banana recipe by one of our favorite editors. She asks us to make it every year on her birthday, and she knows you'll love it too.
- Maybe it was the waffles in this recipe that stole your heart. If so, get ready for our Belgian Berry Waffles! They're a fruity, fun, flavorful way to have breakfast. For those of you who are looking for something heartier, try our Shortcut Chicken & Waffles.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Country Sausage and Biscuits
Avocado Breakfast Boats
Ham and Cheese Breakfast Bake
Make-Ahead Breakfast Casserole
Easy-Breezy Brunch: 26 Easy Brunch Recipes for Any Occasion
Cheesy Breakfast Rolls
Farmer's Breakfast Bake
Slow Cooker Granola
George Washington's Corn Cakes
Best Breakfast Recipes for One: 12 Recipes for One Person