We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Wanna give your cereal an extra crunch? Or maybe liven up your yogurt? A sprinkle of this topping is guaranteed to wake up your taste buds, and the crunching noise might even wake up your entire family!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups rolled oats (see Notes)
- 2/3 cup flaked coconut
- 3/4 cup mixed nuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame seed
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 2/3 cup water
- 2/3 cup sesame oil
What to Do
- In a large bowl, mix together the rolled oats, coconut, nuts, raisins, sesame seed, and half of the brown sugar.
- Place the water in a small bowl and whisk in the remaining brown sugar; add the oil and whisk again. Stir into the rolled oat mixture. Spread the mixture evenly over a large rimmed cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes, mixing occasionally, until it browns evenly. Let cool, then store in an airtight container.
Serve with yogurt, milk, or cereal, or use as a topping for frozen yogurt or ice cream. Oh, in case you're wondering about where to find rolled oats - it's uncooked regular oatmeal (not the quick-cooking type).