Farmer's Skillet Breakfast
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Okay, you've only got a half-hour before you drive carpool, better known as Mom's Taxi Service. So grab a skillet and, in no time, you'll have a diner breakfast of eggs and potatoes that's guaranteed to get them going.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 bell pepper (or 1/2 red and 1/2 green), diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 pound frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 eggs
What to Do
- In a large skillet, melt butter over high heat. Add bell pepper and onion, and saute for 2 minutes. Add hash brown potatoes, salt, and black pepper, and stir until well combined.
- Cook 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to medium.
- Using a spoon, make 6 evenly-spaced indentations about 1/2 inch deep in mixture. Crack eggs one at a time and place each in an indentation.
- Cover skillet and cook 7 to 9 minutes, or until eggs are set and cooked as desired. Serve immediately.
Add a splash of salsa or hot pepper sauce to these home fries for extra zing.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Farmer's Dressing is a creamy, easy-to-make homemade salad dressing that is sure to take your salad to the next level. Filled with delicious cucumbers and a simple spice blend, our Farmer's Dressing will be a delight to drizzle over your salad, whether it's at the potluck or around the dinner table.