French Toast Kabobs
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Whether it's a good-for-you breakfast before school or work, or a leisurely weekend brunch, these fresh and fruity kabobs are the perfect choice. And since they take just minutes to throw together, there’s no excuse for not making these your new go-to, rise-n-shine favorite.
What You'll Need
- 8 frozen sausage links
- 4 slices (16 sticks) frozen French toast sticks
- 8 (6-inch) wooden skewers
- 16 strawberries
- 1 large banana, sliced into 8 pieces
- Maple syrup for drizzling
- Confectioners' sugar for sprinkling (optional)
What to Do
- Cook sausage according to package directions, then cut each link in half. Heat French toast sticks according to package directions, then cut each stick in half.
- To assemble kabobs: on each skewer, thread a piece of sausage, 1 strawberry, 2 pieces of French toast, a banana slice, 2 more pieces of French toast, 1 strawberry, and a piece of sausage (see photo). Drizzle with syrup and sprinkle with sugar, if desired; serve immediately.
Test Kitchen Tip
We cannot tell a lie. We’ve been known to deck these out with strawberry sundae topping and dollops of whipped cream. Or as another option, we might leave off the sausage and serve these over some vanilla ice cream. The possibilities are endless!