Mexican Breakfast Bake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Loaded with tons of flavor, our Mexican Breakfast Bake is a great gluten-free option that is super easy to make and is perfect for a nice weekend brunch at home!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 6 (5-inch) corn tortillas
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over high heat, brown sausage until no longer pink, stirring to crumble; drain liquid.
- Place corn tortillas in prepared pie plate, overlapping and extending up sides. Evenly layer cheeses and sausage over tortillas.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, cream, chili powder, cumin, salt, scallions, and cilantro. Slowly pour mixture over sausage.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until center is set. Serve immediately.
If you're not shredding your own cheese, check the ingredient labels of your packaged cheeses to make sure they're gluten free.
- For a gluten free dessert option, try our sweet and refreshing Peach Melba Parfaits!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Ben's Chili Bowl has been a landmark restaurant in Washington D.C. since 1958. The restaurant first became famous for its homemade chili dogs. After getting tasting one, we knew we had to recreate this chili in our Test Kitchen. Our recipe for Ben's Chili Dog is the next best thing to the real version, and your family is going to devour it.