Shortcut Fruit "Crepes"
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Want to make crepes for brunch, but don't have a whole lot of time to spend? No problem! Our recipe for Shortcut Fruit "Crepes" uses an easy and unexpected shortcut - tortillas! You won't believe how light and delicious these taste. They're perfect for filling with your favorite berries and topping with a dollop of whipped cream. While these may not be the traditional French crepes, we know they'll still have you saying, "Ooh la la, it's so good!"
What You'll Need
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups mixed berries
- 1 cup whipped cream
- Confectioners' sugar for sprinkling
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, milk, granulated sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla until well blended.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat and lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Dip each tortilla into egg mixture and let soak 15 seconds, coating completely. Place each tortilla in skillet and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until golden, turning halfway through cooking. Place on a platter. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Divide berries equally down the center of each tortilla. Fold in sides "crepe-style" and top with a dollop of whipped cream. Repeat with remaining “crepes”. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar, and serve immediately.
Test Kitchen Tip
- Know what will make these even more berry-licious? Just before serving, grab your favorite strawberry or raspberry ice cream topping and drizzle it over 'em. Everyone will think you were taught by a gourmet chef!
- For more decadent brunch recipes, check out our sweet German Pancakes, and you might just feel like you're on cloud-nine with our 5-star Dream Crepes!
- Looking for some savory brunch recipes? Check out this delicious Broccoli and Ham Quiche or this Cheesy Broccoli Tart! Plus, we've got a yummy Church-Favorite Easter Brunch Menu that is sure to wow on special occasions!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Hosting a party? If so, then you've got to make our Not-Fried Chicken Cheese Balls! They feature the delicious trio of chicken, cheese, and bacon in an easy-to-eat form. Your guests will love taking a bite out of these (and you'll love how simple they are to make!).