Sausage and Broccoli Strudel
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Wake up, boys and girls! We're having a fantastic brunch. What's on the menu, you ask? How about this tasty Sausage and Broccoli Strudel? It may not be your traditional fruit strudel recipe, but this savory recipe is loaded with flavor from some of our favorite ingredients. Plus, it's a great way to sneak in a serving of veggies for any kids around the table. You won't want to miss it!
What You'll Need
- 1 (17.25-ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup milk
- 8 eggs, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 pre-cooked sausage patties, chopped
- 1 cup chopped frozen broccoli, thawed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place each sheet of pastry dough on a baking sheet; set aside.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat together cream cheese and milk until smooth. Add 7 eggs, salt, and pepper; beat until well combined. Stir in sausage and broccoli. In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter; add egg mixture and scramble until set. Remove skillet from heat and stir in cheddar cheese.
- With the short side of the dough towards you, spoon half of the scrambled egg mixture down center of each sheet of dough. Cut an equal number of slits, about 1-inch apart, (each about 3-inches long), on both sides of the egg mixture.
- In a small bowl, beat the remaining egg. Brush each strip with beaten egg and alternately crisscross strips over filling, creating a woven look. Brush top of dough with beaten egg. Repeat with second pastry dough and remaining scrambled egg mixture.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden. Cut into slices and serve immediately.
Check This Out!
- For more fun breakfast options, try our Amish Scrapple, our Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes, or our Cinnamon French Toast Bake!
- We love cooking with puff pastry! We know you'll love our Almond Bear Claws, our Baked Pear Tart, or one of these Perfectly Easy Puff Pastry Recipes.
- If you're putting together a brunch, we suggest these Sunrise Mimosas!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
- Fried Cornmeal Mush
- All-in-One Breakfast Bake
- Breakfast Pita Pockets
- Easy Ham and Cheese Quiche
- All In One Breakfast
- Sunshine Breakfast Muffin Cups
- Recipes for Brunch: 8 Recipes for Your Breakfast Menu
- Farmer's Skillet Breakfast
- Best Breakfast Recipes for One: 12 Recipes for One Person
- Layered Amish Breakfast Bake