Sunshine Breakfast Muffin Cups
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Traditional breakfast cups take second place to our amazing Sunshine Breakfast Muffin Cups! This easy breakfast recipe is sure to get everyone in the house up and moving, with a smile on their faces! The smell of these breakfast cups cooking, and the delicious flavors in each bite, come together to make a recipe for the perfect morning! You'll want to use these breakfast cups to start your day, every day.
What You'll Need
- 1 cup frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 3 frozen veggie breakfast sausage patties, thawed and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup liquid egg whites
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 6 cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine broccoli, chopped sausage, onion powder, salt and pepper, mix well.
- Place equal amounts of mixture into muffin cups. Pour egg whites evenly over vegetable mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes, remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese. Place back in oven for 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and center is set. Run a knife around the edges, remove from pan and serve warm.
- These can be made in advance and kept in the fridge for a couple of days. When ready to serve, simply warm them in your toaster oven untip piping hot!
- If you like this recipe, don't miss our collection of Unexpected Muffin Tin Recipes!
- Looking for another delicious recipe that comes out of the freezer? Try our Loaded Potato Cocktail Bites!
- Did you know: Four U.S. states have adopted a State Muffin. Massachusetts: Corn, Minnesota: Blueberry, New York: Apple, and Washington: Blueberry! What's your favorite muffin flavor?
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
For tasty breakfast cup recipes and more, check out our free eCookbook!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Mom's Go-To Weeknight Goulash is super easy and budget-friendly, making it a great weeknight dinner recipe! This family-friendly dinner is made with ground beef, elbow macaroni, a couple of veggies and your family's favorite spaghetti sauce. Everything cooks together in one skillet, and, right before it's served, it's topped with some yummy cheese. The results are delicious!