Banana Bread Jars
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Surprise your neighbors, friends, and loved ones with one of these Banana Bread Jars and they're sure to love you all the more! Because we bake the banana bread right in the jar, this recipe makes for an easy to give and easy to decorate gift!
What You'll Need
- 5 (12-ounce) wide mouth mason jars
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 4)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat inside of mason jars with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat shortening and sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs, water, vanilla, and bananas. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Spoon batter in jars filling each 1/2 way. Place jars on a baking sheet. Do not cover.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Screw on lids while bread is hot. Let cool. Remove lids and shake bread out of jar or eat with a spoon.
- These Banana Bread Jars will keep in the refrigerator for 7 to 10 days.
- This is such a fun and tasty homemade gift idea! You can make these jars look festive by tying decorative ribbons around them.
- If you like this idea, then you've got to check out our collection of Homemade Christmas Gifts in a Jar!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We put a shortcut twist on the time-honored recipe for Amish Friendship Bread. Instead of passing around a starter, our Amish Friendship Bread recipe makes enough for two loaves, so you can just call your friends and invite them over to enjoy the finished product!