We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There's so much to love in this easy homemade frosting recipe. Our Caramel Frosting is a great change-of-pace from your everyday chocolate, vanilla, and buttercream frosting. Give it a try for a surprisingly delicious new flavor on all your baked goods!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups confectioner's sugar
What to Do
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add brown sugar and bring to a boil; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add milk, then return mixture to a boil.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool. Add confectioners' sugar and stir until smooth.
- This is perfect for topping cakes and cupcakes. Why, we've even used it on store-bought pound cakes. Our gang thinks we make the whole thing from scratch. We won't tell if you won't!
- Want even more frosting recipes? Check out our recipes for Mocha Frosting and Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting or browse through our entire collection of Homemade Frosting Recipes: 14 Frosting Recipes for Cakes, Cupcakes, and More.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you have a big Christmas list, we've got a yummy, budget-friendly solution! Our Caramel-Dipped Chocolate Apples are the perfect DIY Christmas gifts! Everyone will love the combo of ooey gooey caramel, sweet chocolate, and crisp apple, but want to know the best part? There's an unlimited amount of ways to decorate these!