Chocolate Chiffon Pastry
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Who would guess that this fancy-looking dessert is made with just 5 ingredients? Silky smooth and chocolaty-rich, our Chocolate Chiffon Pastry is going to delight them all. We hope you're ready to receive lots of compliments!
What You'll Need
- 1 sheet puff pastry (from a 17.3-ounce box)
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 1 (4-serving size) package instant chocolate pudding mix, made according to package directions
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips, divided
- 2 tablespoons sugar
What to Do
- Bake puff pastry according to package directions. Allow to cool, then flatten gently.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Equally divide whipped cream into 2 separate bowls.
- In one bowl of whipped cream, stir in chocolate pudding; mix gently just until combined. Gently stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips. Add sugar to second bowl of whipped cream, mixing gently.
- Spread chocolate mixture over pastry sheet, then spread whipped cream over that. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips on top.
- Freeze about 4 hours, or until firm. Thaw in refrigerator 3-4 hours before serving. Cut into squares and serve.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Calories 382
- Calories from Fat 278
- Total Fat 31g 47 %
- Saturated Fat 19g 94 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 3.5g 7 %
- Cholesterol 86mg 29 %
- Sodium 179mg 7 %
- Total Carbohydrates 26g 9 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.7g 3 %
- Sugars 10.0g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This recipe was under lock and key with our Test Kitchen supervisor for years. It was a family recipe and she finally did share it with us. So, here you go. Make sure you let us know how much you like Cold Fudge Cake in the recipe comments below.