Chocolate Dipped Ice Cream Sandwiches
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our homemade Chocolate Dipped Ice Cream Sandwiches are made with freshly baked chocolate chip cookies and your favorite ice cream flavors. To make them extra-special we dip ours in chocolate and add lots of nuts and colorful candy pieces. This may just be the coolest treat you'll eat all summer!
What You'll Need
- 1 (32-ounce) package refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream (see Note)
- 1 (12-ounce) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Assorted nuts and candy for garnish
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Using a sharp knife, cut cookie dough into 24 slices, and bake according to package directions. Remove cookies to a wire rack to cool.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper. Allow ice cream to soften slightly then place 1 scoop on the flat side of a cookie; place another cookie flat-side down on ice cream. Squeeze the 2 cookies together until the ice cream is pushed to the edges. Place on baking sheet and freeze for 30 minutes.
- In a medium microwaveable bowl, combine chocolate chips and oil. Microwave for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes, stirring occasionally until chocolate is melted. Dip ice cream sandwiches halfway into chocolate and immediately garnish with nuts or candy. Freeze until chocolate hardens. Serve or individually wrap in plastic wrap and keep frozen until ready to serve.
- Feel free to change up the filling by using your favorite flavors of ice cream, sorbet, or frozen yogurt.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Let's be honest, we sort of miss the days when the lunch lady used to scoop up heaping portions of her sloppy joe mixture onto hamburger buns. There was something about Lunch Lady Sloppy Joes that made 'em extra-special. Now, we've come up with a recipe that we know would be lunch lady-approved, and ya don't have to wear a hair net to serve it!