Crispy Chocolate Chip Treats
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 3 dozen crispy treats
- 5 Min
- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr
Remember those crispy marshmallow-rice cereal treats we all grew up on? Here they are, with chocolate chips. Mmm! And what's even better about these Crispy Chocolate Chip Treats? They're made in the slow cooker!
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (10-ounce) bag marshmallows
- 6 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
What to Do
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a 3- to 4-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting 1 hour. Stir marshmallow mixture (see Note). Add cereal and chocolate chips, stirring well to coat.
- Drop cereal mixture by heaping tablespoonfuls onto wax paper. Let stand until firm or, if you can't wait for the candies to harden at room temperature, try popping them in the fridge for a quick cooldown. Store in an airtight container.
You can also press cereal mixture into a 9- x 13-inch pan and cut into desired pieces, or scoop out mixture with a cookie scoop. Use cooking spray on spoons, scoops, and hands to help minimize the stickiness.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.