Danish Almond Loaf
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Denmark has a reputation for being a great place for dessert lovers, especially almond lovers. (That's 'cause they're grown right there!)
What You'll Need
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup blanched almonds, finely ground
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup blanched almonds, coarsely chopped
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 325 degree F.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar until soft and fluffy. Gradually beat in the eggs, one at a time, until a fine mixture forms, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add the finely ground almonds, almond extract, and cinnamon and mix thoroughly. Blend in the flour and baking powder.
- Sprinkle the coarsely chopped almonds into a 9" x 5" loaf pan that has been coated with nonstick vegetable spray.
- Spoon the batter over the almonds and bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Serve this with dollops of whipped cream or a dusting of confectioners' sugar.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 420
- Calories from Fat 203
- Total Fat 23g 35 %
- Saturated Fat 11g 54 %
- Trans Fat 0.6g 0 %
- Protein 6.9g 14 %
- Cholesterol 111mg 37 %
- Sodium 224mg 9 %
- Total Carbohydrates 50g 17 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.8g 7 %
- Sugars 32g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When you get a craving for fresh baked cookies, you have to do what you have to do. Luckily, here in the Test Kitchen, we can make cookies any time we want. Our go-to are these Oatmeal Cranberry cookies. Can you blame us? These sweet oats and tart cranberries are always a treat when washed down with ice cold milk. We wish you could smell the scent of cinnamon in the Test Kitchen, but making them in your home is just as tasty.