We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- SERVING SIZE
- 1/12th wedge
- CHILL TIME
- 8 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 55 Min
This is the richest, creamiest, and most amazing flan you'll ever taste! No, really. Our flan is the kind that dreams are made of, which is why we call it our Dreamy Flan. This custardy dessert is a Latin favorite and a real must-try!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 (14-ounce) can condensed milk
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, cook 3/4 cup sugar until completely melted and caramelized, stirring occasionally. Immediately pour into a 9-inch cake pan. (Be careful, caramelized sugar will be hot!)
- In a blender, combine condensed milk, evaporated milk, eggs, vanilla, and remaining 1/4 cup sugar. Blend 15 seconds or until thoroughly combined. Pour over caramelized sugar in pan.
- Place flan pan in a large roasting pan. Pour just enough hot water into roasting pan to go halfway up sides of flan pan (being careful not to get water into custard). Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Carefully remove from hot water bath and allow to cool 1 hour. Cover and chill overnight or at least 4 hours.
- Just before serving, run a knife around inside edge of pan to loosen flan from pan. Invert flan onto a 12-inch rimmed serving plate.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 250
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.6g 12 %
- Saturated Fat 4.0g 20 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 7.9g 16 %
- Cholesterol 113mg 38 %
- Sodium 111mg 5 %
- Total Carbohydrates 38g 13 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.0g 0 %
- Sugars 38g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Freshly squeezed orange juice helps turn these Double-Orange Glazed Cookies into a tasty, sunny treat that they won't be able to stop snackin' on. Bake these "doubly-orangey-good" cookies when you're looking for a sunshine-y way to brighten up your gang!