Grilled Waffle Sundaes with Berry Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Fire up the grill 'cause we're about to heat things up with the summer dessert of your dreams. We reimagined the idea of a waffle cone sundae and came up with this sweet treat. Our Grilled Waffle Sundaes with Berry Sauce features your favorite frozen waffles, grilled to perfection, topped with scoops of ice cream, and smothered in a homemade berry sauce that's absolutely to-die-for. Serve this at your next backyard bash and you can practically guarantee smiles all-around.
What You'll Need
- 6 frozen waffles
- 1/2 stick butter, melted
- 2 cups assorted frozen fruit
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 6 scoops vanilla ice cream
What to Do
- Preheat the grill to medium heat. Place waffles on a baking sheet and brush both sides with butter; set aside.
- In a disposable 8-inch aluminum pan, combine fruit and sugar. In a small bowl, whisk water and cornstarch until smooth; then pour over fruit.
- Place on grill and heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until fruit starts to break down and sauce thickens, stirring occasionally. Place waffles on grill and cook 2 to 3 minutes per side or until waffle begins to brown.
- Place waffles on serving plate, top with ice cream and spoon fruit over ice cream and waffle. Serve immediately.
We tested this with assorted frozen berries (raspberries, blackberries, blueberries and strawberries) but feel free to try with sliced frozen peaches or pineapple…you name it! To take this over the top, dollop with whipped cream.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 355
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 18g 28 %
- Saturated Fat 9.6g 48 %
- Trans Fat 0.3g 0 %
- Protein 4.5g 9 %
- Cholesterol 53mg 18 %
- Sodium 341mg 14 %
- Total Carbohydrates 45g 15 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.9g 12 %
- Sugars 27g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Now here's a meatloaf that's really moist and packed with flavor! Our Italian-Style Meatloaf is made with a tasty combination of ground beef and ground pork, as well as some chopped eggplant and lots of Italian spices. It's a change-of-pace meatloaf that's perfect for tonight's dinner.