Italian Coffee Bombe
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Layer after layer, spoonful after spoonful you'll love this one. And with all its yummy pretty layers, it looks like a winner, too.
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules, dissolved in 1/3 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon coffee-flavored liqueur
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups frozen whipped topping, divided
What to Do
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, salt, and flour. Add the beaten egg yolks, milk, and the dissolved coffee; mix well.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened.
- Remove from the heat, add the liqueur and vanilla and stir; cool completely.
- Spread 1 cup of the whipped topping over the bottom and up the sides of a 1-quart metal bowl.
- Slowly pour half of the liqueur mixture into the center of the bowl.
- Mix the remaining whipped topping with the remaining liqueur mixture and pour into the bowl. Cover and freeze for 3 to 4 hours or until firm.
- Remove from the freezer 20 to 30 minutes before serving.
- Carefully run a warm knife around the edges and invert onto a dinner-sized serving plate. Cut into small wedges.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This recipe comes straight to you from a galaxy far, far away, as we celebrate Star Wars Galaxy's Edge in Disney's Hollywood Studios. If you head that way and explore the vast Star Wars galaxy, you might find yourself in Docking Bay 7 to fuel up. That's where we got the inspiration for our version of this Braised Shaak Roast. This hearty beef recipe teams up with cavatelli pasta and lots of veggies, for a flavor-packed combo that makes this hearty and comforting recipe something worth bringing home.