Krispy Ice Cream Sandwiches
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 15 squares
- CHILL TIME
- 4 Hr 45 Min
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
You're going to love this sweet mash-up we've come up with! Our Krispy Ice Cream Sandwiches combine two favorites, ice cream and rice crispy treats, to make the perfect, cool-down, ooey-gooey, summer treat. Best of all, you can make a batch of these, store them in the freezer, and pull one out when you get a craving!
What You'll Need
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 (16-ounce) package marshmallows
- 8 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 1/2 quarts ice cream, softened (see Note)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Rainbow sprinkles (optional)
What to Do
- Line two 9- x 13-inch baking dishes with foil, extending over sides. Coat foil with cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat and stir in rice cereal until evenly coated. Working quickly, divide mixture in half and press into baking dishes. Let cool completely.
- Spread ice cream evenly over top of one cereal mixture. Remove second cereal mixture from baking dish, using foil overhangs as handles. Peel off foil and place layer on top of ice cream, gently pressing down. Cover and freeze for at least 4 hours, or until firm.
- Place chocolate chips in a medium bowl. In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring heavy cream to a boil, stirring constantly. Pour over chocolate chips and stir until smooth. Let cool 15 to 20 minutes, or until ganache begins to thicken.
- Meanwhile, line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Remove ice cream treat from pan using foil overhangs as handles. Peel off foil and cut into squares. Place on baking sheet.
- Working quickly, remove a sandwich from the baking sheet and dip into ganache. Top ganache with sprinkles, if desired. Return to baking sheet and repeat with remaining sandwiches. Freeze 30 minutes, or until ice cream hardens. Serve; cover and keep remaining squares frozen.
- Feel free to use your favorite ice cream flavor to make these. Everything from chocolate and vanilla to whacky flavors with add-ins will work in this recipe!
- We're showing you how to make these, step-by-step, in our blog post!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Calories 391
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17g 27 %
- Saturated Fat 11g 57 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 7.0g 14 %
- Cholesterol 44mg 15 %
- Sodium 216mg 9 %
- Total Carbohydrates 58g 19 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.6g 6 %
- Sugars 38g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.