Orange Blossom Surprises
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you like oranges, then this citrus delight is for you...and the bowl you serve it in is as unique as the recipe! (It's really flavor-packed gelatin made in oranges, so don't let the directions scare you!)
What You'll Need
- 1 (4-serving-size) package orange gelatin dessert mix
- 1 cup boiling water
- 4 medium to large oranges
- 1 cup Cold water
- 8 maraschino cherries, chopped
What to Do
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine gelatin mix and boiling water. Mix well until gelatin completely dissolves. Set aside.
- Slice each orange about 3/4-inch from top, reserving the tops. With a teaspoon, carefully scoop out inside (the pulp) of each orange and reserve shells. Place pulp in a colander and drain juice into a measuring cup. Separate orange pieces from white pith, discarding pith and placing pulp in gelatin.
- When juice is fully drained, add cold water to it to measure 1 cup, then add it to gelatin mixture and stir well.
- Divide chopped cherries evenly among 4 orange shells. Divide gelatin-orange mixture evenly among orange shells. Place tops back on the oranges.
- Refrigerate 3 to 4 hours or until gelatin is set.
To make removing the inside of the oranges easier, after slicing off the orange tops, run a serrated knife or a grapefruit knife between the skins and the insides, making sure not to puncture the skins.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you've never heard of toad-in-the-hole, well, let us enlighten you! It's a recipe that is perfect for breakfast, dinner, or even brinner -- that's breakfast for dinner! Our Sheet Pan Toad-in-the-Hole comes together with all the flavors you love, without any of the mess of a traditional big breakfast. Once you try it, you're gonna wonder how you lived without it!