Orchard Pear Crisp
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our yummy Orchard Pear Crisp is a warm, fruit-filled dessert that literally shouts "comfort." Serve as is or, with the contrast of vanilla ice cream, it's a flavor combo made in heaven.
What You'll Need
- 4 (15-ounce) cans pears, drained and cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 20 caramel candies, unwrapped
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Coat an 8" x 8" baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine pears, 1/2 cup sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, and caramels; mix well then pour into baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, remaining 3 tablespoons sugar, salt, butter, and cream; mix until crumbly. Sprinkle over pear mixture.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until bubbly and top is golden.
For an extra fancy touch, make a chocolate lace topping by melting 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Then place melted chocolate in a plastic zipper bag, snip off corner, and squeeze to drizzle over crumb top. Let cool slightly before serving.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Calories 350
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.4g 13 %
- Saturated Fat 4.5g 23 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 2.8g 6 %
- Cholesterol 20mg 7 %
- Sodium 159mg 7 %
- Total Carbohydrates 69g 23 %
- Dietary Fiber 5.0g 20 %
- Sugars 51g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When the root vegetables are on sale at your market, you've got to fill up a few bags, 'cause you're going to need them to make this recipe for Roasted Root Vegetables. Roasted vegetables are good as-is, but by tossing them in just a little olive oil and adding some basic seasonings, we really enhance their flavors!