Patriotic Petits Fours
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When we're feeling patriotic, nothing is more all-American than a refreshing slice of watermelon! These novel watermelon-packed Patriotic Petits Fours are a super fresh fruit option to the usual dessert petits fours.
What You'll Need
- 12 (3-inch) cubes seedless watermelon
- 1/2 cup drained crushed pineapple
- 8 ounces lowfat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 candied almonds
- Raw sugar for sprinkling
What to Do
- Arrange watermelon cubes on a serving platter.
- Place pineapple on several layers of paper towels and top with more paper towels. Press to remove as much juice as possible.
- In a medium bowl, beat together cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until fluffy. Beat in vanilla then mix in pineapple until well combined.
- Place pineapple frosting in a resealable plastic bag. Cut off one corner of bag and decoratively pipe frosting onto each watermelon cube.
- Place an almond in the frosting of each petit four. Sprinkle with raw sugar and serve immediately.
Adapted from recipe courtesy of the National Watermelon Promotion Board