We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Sometimes, all you really want is a restaurant-style dessert without all the muss 'n' fuss. Well, if you need elegance in a jiffy, you're going to love our easy dessert recipe for Quick Tiramisu. This Italian dessert classic uses a few handy shortcuts, so you can throw together a classy dessert with half the effort. Serve it up after a big meal and listen for the "OOH IT'S SO GOOD!!"
What You'll Need
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon powdered espresso
- 4 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 2 (14-ounce) packages individual vanilla pudding packs
- 3/4 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 (3-ounce) packages cake-style ladyfingers (see note)
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa
What to Do
- Combine first 3 ingredients, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Beat mascarpone and pudding together in a medium bowl at medium speed of an electric beater until smooth; fold in whipped topping.
- Split ladyfingers in half lengthwise. Arrange 16 halves in a single layer in an 8-inch square baking dish. Drizzle with 1/3 cup coffee mixture. Spread one-third of pudding mixture evenly over ladyfingers. Repeat procedure twice with remaining ladyfingers, coffee mixture, and pudding mixture; sprinkle with cocoa. Serve immediately, or cover and chill until ready to serve.
Cake-style ladyfingers can be found in the produce section of most supermarkets, usually next to the strawberries. Don't confuse these with the hard ladyfinger cookies that are found in the cookie section-you wouldn't have quite the same results if you used the hard variety instead!