Raspberry Meringue Spectacular
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
I call it spectacular because that's exactly what it is. They're restaurant fancy, quick throw-togethers. Now, isn't that what you call spectacular?
What You'll Need
- 3 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 container (12 ounces) light frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips, finely chopped
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1/2 pint fresh raspberries
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 275 degree F. Line two 10" x 15" baking sheets with aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl, with an electric beater on high speed, beat the egg whites, cream of tartar, and salt for about 4 minutes, or until soft peaks form. Gradually add the sugar and beat for 4 to 6 minutes, or until stiff peaks form. Beat in the vanilla.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of the meringue mixture onto the foil, forming a 3-inch drop. Continue with the remaining meringue until there are 6 circles on each baking sheet; make sure they do not touch each other. Bake for 1 hour. Turn off the oven and let the meringues sit in the oven for 1 hour.
- In a medium-sized bowl, fold together the whipped topping, chocolate chips, and raspberries. Spoon over the top of the cooled meringues. Garnish with the fresh raspberries and serve.
For best results, process the chocolate chips until finely chopped in a food processor that has been fitted with its steel cutting blade. To prepare these ahead of time, just keep the raspberry chocolate topping refrigerated until ready to serve, then assemble and serve
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 178
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6g 9 %
- Saturated Fat 4.3g 22 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 2.1g 4 %
- Cholesterol 0.6mg 0 %
- Sodium 59mg 2 %
- Total Carbohydrates 31g 10 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.1g 8 %
- Sugars 28g 0 %