Southern Peach Cobbler
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Say hello to sunshine, good-times, and Southern Peach Cobbler! Just imagine warm, gooey cinnamon peaches, a crusty crust, and a big scoop of vanilla ice cream and that's summertime in the South. But you know what? You don't have to be below the Mason-Dixon Line to enjoy this one!
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup water
- 8 cups peeled fresh peach slices (8 to 9 peaches)
- BISCUIT TOPPING
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan, combine 1 cup sugar, the cornstarch, and cinnamon. Add water; stir to combine. Add peach slices and cook on medium-high heat until mixture comes to a boil, stirring occasionally. Simmer 1 minute, stirring constantly. Pour peach mixture into baking dish.
- For Biscuit Topping, combine flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, the baking powder, and salt. Using a fork or pastry cutter, cut in shortening until coarse crumbs form. Combine egg and milk, and pour into flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Drop biscuit mixture in 7 to 8 mounds on top of peaches.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until golden and bubbly. Serve warm.
You can subsitute frozen peaches for the fresh. Just use 2 (16-ounce) bags of frozen peach slices.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 311
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.7g 12 %
- Saturated Fat 2.9g 15 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 4.2g 8 %
- Cholesterol 27mg 9 %
- Sodium 178mg 7 %
- Total Carbohydrates 59g 20 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.1g 12 %
- Sugars 43g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.