Sweet Cherry Thing
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 8 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
Make sure to leave room for this Sweet Cherry Thing! Your belly may be full but you won't want to miss out on this sweet, tart goodness.
What You'll Need
- 2 1/2 cups crushed pecan shortbread cookies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 (21-ounce) cans cherry pie filling
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine crushed cookies and butter with a pastry blender until mixture is crumbly. Press mixture into an ungreased 9- x 13-inch baking dish (see Note). Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, stir together pie filling and almond and vanilla extracts in a large bowl; set aside.
- Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar at medium speed wtih an electric beater until creamy; fold in whipped topping. Spoon into cooled crust. Top with pie filling mixture, spreading evenly. Cover and chill at least 8 hours. Cut into squares to serve.
- After pouring the crumb mixture into the baking dish, place a large piece of plastic wrap over it, and press the crumbs into the dish. Remove the plastic wrap and your crust is evenly packed - no messy hands!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Calories 513
- Calories from Fat 258
- Total Fat 29g 44 %
- Saturated Fat 13g 65 %
- Trans Fat 0.3g 0 %
- Protein 3.8g 8 %
- Cholesterol 63mg 21 %
- Sodium 225mg 9 %
- Total Carbohydrates 61g 20 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.2g 5 %
- Sugars 15g 0 %
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
One of the reasons we love this creamy potato soup recipe, well, besides the fact that it's fill-you-up good, is that we can change up the variety of cheese every time we make it. That way, this ooey gooey Creamy Potato Cheese Soup ends up with a new personality that you're going to love every time!Try a bunch of your favorite cheeses and let us know which one you like the best.