We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Keep your guests refreshed with a dish that some folks refer to as a side dish, while others call it a dessert. Either way, we think you'll love this colorful, sweet, and tasty recipe for Tutti-Frutti Ambrosia.
What You'll Need
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (10-ounce) jar maraschino cherries, drained and cut in half
- 1 (20-ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 (11-ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup flaked coconut
What to Do
- Place eggs in the top of a double boiler (or in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water) and, over medium-low heat, add vinegar and sugar, stirring constantly 5 to 7 minutes, or until mixture is slightly thick and smooth. Remove from heat, stir in butter, and let cool.
- When mixture is cool, fold in whipped topping until well combined, then fold in cherries, pineapple, oranges, marshmallow, and coconut.
- Pour into a large serving bowl and chill, covered, about 4 hours. Serve chilled.
- If you need a fancy dish for a special occasion, pour the mixture into a 2-quart gelatin mold and refrigerate overnight. Before serving, unmold carefully onto a serving platter. If you don't have miniature marshmallows, use regular marshmallows cut into quarters.
- If you like creamy, fruity dishes as much as we do, you must try our Creamy Fruit Cocktail Mold!